I run a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog (but mainly beauty) called A DrugStore Addiction
This is what her blog looked like at first:
When I first started working on her template I felt super bad and helpless because I couldn't manage to do anything I liked. I really hated how everything was turning out so much I felt too ashamed to even show her, but I finally did so she could give me some feedback and I wish I'd done it before, because after Jemma started giving me suggestions on what she liked/dislike things starting to really come together.
Building her template was a bit of work, I'm not going to lie, and we had to change a few things a few times, but I'd rather work a million hours and make something the other person is going to like, than give them something they won't like and won't use, or will been pressured to use when they don't even like it.
But enough talking. I guess what you want to see is what the final result looked like, right? Ok. Here it is!
If you want to win a blog makeover like Jemma, you have a new chance this week! For those of you who have been entering every week, don't give up. Keep copy-pasting your post. Remember summer has a lot of weeks and you never know which may be your week.
Do you want to win next week's makeover?
- You must be following me on bloglovin'.
- You must be a blogger user. I don't know how to design anything for wordpress or any other blogging platforms... Sorry.
- I will contact the winner on Monday, and you have 24 hours to reply to that email.
- If you don't, I will choose someone else.
- All the designs will include a little credit (it will be small, I promise) that you cannot remove.
- I only have one week to work on the design.
- I won't just copy someone's template. When I used tumblr, I remember being asked to make a theme like the one some other user had. Please don't ask me to do this. You can send me blog designs you like for inspiration, or you can tell me you like certain elements in their designs, but please don't ask me to completely copy the whole template.
- Please do not enter if you are going to unfollow me afterwards, or if you won't use the template.
What must the comment include?
- Your blog's name
- Your blog's URL
- A brief description of your blog
- Your e-mail (so I can contact you)
- Why you want to win the makeover
- You have until Sunday (included) to leave your comment.
- I will choose one winner and send him/her an email next Monday.
- If you don't answer in 24 hours, I will choose someone else.
- We have until next Sunday to work on the design.
If you have any questions, leave a comment below or send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a nice day and good luck!